How to add products to cart using advanced logic

Hi there,
I’m trying to create a logic to add products available in Stripe (using the productID from Stripe) to the cart. I’m trying to use this function feathery.cart.add but it looks like this is not a valid function.

Is there any way to add products to the cart using advanced logic?

Thanks!

At the present time the only way to add a product to the cart is by using the “add to cart” action on either a button or container. It is possible that we could make it available through advanced logic rules. Would you mind sharing a little about your use case so we can understand how it would be useful to you?

Thanks Eric - Here’s roughly the use case I need help with: I have a list of over 100 products available on Stripe, and based on the user’s selection in two fields of the form, I need to implement a logic to add the specific product to the cart. Therefore, the action of adding to the cart is dynamic (based on the user’s responses), and I was thinking about using some logic to add the correct product to the cart.

Any other ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

From your description it sounds like adding support for add/remove product in logic rules is the only viable solution. We will work on adding that soon.

1 Like

Hi Eric! Thank you so much for you response. Do you have an expetected timeline to add this functionality? The reason I’m asking is because I’m planning to launch my form in a couple of weeks and I would like to decide if I can wait for this or try to get another solution. Thanks!

We’ll have it launched next week!

Oh! That’s awesome! Please let me know once it’s ready to try again.

Thank you soooo much!!! :slight_smile:

Hi Peter! Just checking to see if you have any updates on the planned date to have this new feature available? Thank you! :slight_smile:

Just to let you know, we did just recently enhance the api available in logic rules to make add and remove from cart available in logic rules. In addition, the addToCart (action and API) has been enhanced a bit to support two modes: replace cart quantity or add to cart quantity. See: https://docs.feathery.io/guides/payment-flow/select-products-or-plans#logic-rule-cart-access