After trying “Repeatable” on one of the steps of my form and realizing it isn’t going to work the way I need it to, I deleted the Button Action that repeated the container and elements inside it. Then I started to re-arrange the containers because the page wasn’t formatting correctly on mobile. Now when I try to save and publish, I get an error that says “The field XYZ must be in a repeatable container since it’s set as repeatable,” and the option to deselect the repeatable checkbox is greyed out. Here is what I tried to fix it:
- Confirmed there are no Actions calling an element/container to repeat
- I clicked through every container on the page, found one that was set to “repeatable” and de-selected it
- Then I went back to the elements, two dropdowns, and still for both dropdowns Repeatable is greyed out, so I tried to make the container around one of the elements Repeatable, and tried to save and publish, in case saving and publishing would somehow let me go back and de-select Repeatable. This didn’t work because only one container on the page can be repeatable and my dropdowns are now in different containers, so I can’t save and publish because I get the same error as before
- I went back through all the containers and again de-selected Repeatable, made no difference to the dropdowns
- Made sure I was not repeating the element on another step of the form
I can’t publish my form because I’m stuck with this error (“The field XYZ must be in a repeatable container since it’s set as repeatable”) that I can’t fix.
I ended up dragging in a new element, replicating the properties of the original element(s) on which I couldn’t de-select “Repeatable,” then deleting the original element and renaming the new element with the original element’s Field ID… this worked, but took a lot more steps (I had 3 elements to replace) than just being able to uncheck the “Repeatable” checkbox.
Hey Suzan, if you can reproduce that behavior, we can jump in and take a look! It should only be disabled if you have already submitted data to that field
Hi Peter, on that step I just ended up recreating the element, not worth trying to go back to reproduce, but I’m having a related issue on another step and am. again stuck and can’t publish:
There is a lot of text below so to summarize, at this point, no matter what I try, including getting rid of the “Quantity 2” dropdown element across all the steps in the form, I still get “1. The field “Quantity 2” must be in a repeatable container since it’s set as repeatable” even when there is no more Quantity 2 element in the form:
- I’m using two dropdowns and linking each back to dropdowns on the previous two steps of the form.
- Each dropdown is in it’s own container, and the containers are each checked as “Repeatable” - I can’t remember if I checked them or if it happened automatically.
This step was working fine, except that the table formatting was off on mobile, so I duplicated the step and started to re-organize the containers to try and fix the formatting issue, deleting and creating new containers for the two dropdowns.
Now when I try to publish, I get “1. The field “Quantity 2” must be in a repeatable container since it’s set as repeatable” BUT if I try to make each container repeatable, I get “only one container on a step can be repeatable at a time,” to try to fix this:
I tried to put the two containers with the dropdowns inside a “parent” container, and make that repeatable, it still gives the same error, it seems like the container immediately surrounding the dropdown element is the one that has to be repeatable
Since I am stuck and can’t publish, I de-linked both dropdowns, so they are nolonger associated with the repeatable elements, and yet I’m still getting the “1. The field “Quantity 2” must be in a repeatable container since it’s set as repeatable” even though the step nolonger has the field Quantity 2 anywhere on it, AND I deleted all the results on the results page, in case that was causing the problem
I still have the original unmodified version of the step, which has the two repeatable dropdown elements inside the two repeatable containers. It was working and I had no issues publishing it many times as I made adjustments, and now when I just try to publish this original one that I haven’t modified, I’m getting this same “1. The field “Quantity 2” must be in a repeatable container since it’s set as repeatable” error…
Now I’ve checked all the steps, and in all the steps, “Quantity 2” is in a repeatable container, (right now Quantity 1 is not in a repeatable container because of the “only one container on a step can be repeatable at a time,” problem), and even though Quantity 2 is now in a repeatable container everywhere in the form, I am still getting “1. The field “Quantity 2” must be in a repeatable container since it’s set as repeatable” error…
After many hours of deleting and recreating elements and containers, finally for whatever reason I’m no longer getting the error and can publish the page.
Hey Suzan, sorry – it’s a little hard to track your exact issue through text alone. If you can point us to a specific form and step where you see an issue in the future, we’ll be able to investigate it directly.