File Upload Element

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the file upload element.

1. If a user returns to a submission they have previous entered using the unique link, can they view the files that were previously uploaded by them. I have tried clicking the file and it doesn’t seem to open/enlarge.

2. A user tried to upload an audio clip. The file is an M4A file (.m4a) and is 42.9 KB. When trying to upload the file using their iPhone, the file was greyed out and could not be upload, but they were able to upload it on a computer. Do you know why this might be?

Many thanks.

Hi Katy,

Please see below and let us know if further questions!

1. Currently users cannot view the files previously uploaded by them.
  2. We tried uploading m4a files from iPhone with both Safari and Chrome, but could not reproduce this issue on our end. iOS can be restrictive about what files and directories apps (including web browsers) can access, and this can vary based on where the file is stored on the device. Could you please provide more information related with the iPhone file upload, and maybe also try uploading the file from a different device to see if the issue is isolated to the specific iPhone?

Thank you!

Hi, thank you for your response.

With regards to the m4a file upload, we tried from two iPhones and had the same issue. It was saved within the ‘Files’ application on the iPhone so I don’t know if that makes a difference?

Hi Katy,

Can you also try uploading a different m4a file? In some cases, if the .m4a file has unusual metadata or is slightly corrupted, IOS or the browser might not recognize it as a valid .m4a file, even though it seems to work on the computer. Also when an iPhone can’t open a specific file type, it greys out the file in your selector, making it unclickable. This will happen if you don’t have the right viewing software downloaded to your device.